> Library Locations
> City Library, John's Quay
|Tuesday & Wednesday||10am - 1pm; 2-8pm|
|Thursday & Friday|
10am - 1pm; 2-5pm
10am - 1.30pm
The City Library is situated on John’s Quay directly across the river from the Dunnes' Stores car park. To access from city centre go over John’s Bridge & turn immediately left . The library has a car park at the rear.
Kilkenny County Council Library Service is committed to the provision of an equitable service for all.
- This location is wheelchair accessible, and a hearing loop system for use with hearing aids is available.
- Open System Checkout and Returns (OSCAR): self-service system for issuing and returning items
- Audio and large print stock.
- Adult literacy stock.
- Assistive technology - Kurweil 1000/3000, Zoom text magnifier and Jaws.
- Customer Care kit - magnifiers, pen grips and signature templates.
- Online Public Access Catalogue & access to the Irish Times Digital Archive, Access to the Ordnance Survey of Ireland Historic Maps
- 7 PCs with Internet Access.
- Photocopying and printing facilities for computers
- Lexis Nexis - online news and business information free on public library pcs
- Vision-Net - company information for Ireland and the UK, free on public library pcs
- FAS computer courses
- Adult and Children’s lending sections
- Study areas and reference area
- Local History section
- Request and Inter Library Loan service.
- Application Forms for Motor Tax, Passport etc.
- Register of Electors
- Driver theory test CD
- Community Noticeboard / Information
- County Development Plan
- Road maps
- Children’s storytelling & craft workshops
- Talking Books for Adults and Children on CD and Tape
- Block Loans to community groups and institutions.
- Language courses and adult literacy collection.
- Foreign language books
- Children's Activities / Class Visits
- Local and national newspapers
- Self-service check-in / out option.
Public Toilet/ Wheelchair toilet and baby changing facilities are available.