Address: Mobile Library Services, Library Headquarters, John's Green House, Kilkenny
Area: County Kilkenny
Telephone: +353 56 77 94160
Contact Person: Margo McGrath
Please note there will no Mobile Library service during the months of July and August 2013. Patrons may use any of our other service points during this period.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Click here to download in pdf.:
Mobile Timetable 2013 - Table.pdf (size 1.1 MB)
Mobile Library Service Timetable 2013.pdf (size 603.2 KB) User Friendly version
The mobile library consists of a new custom built vehicle. It travels all over the county and stops at 65 places over a three week period. It stops in towns, villages and schools and carries a stock of 3,700 items.
Kilkenny County Council Library Service is committed to the provision of an equitable service for all, irrespective of location. The service allows access to both Library stock and services for those not near a fixed Library Branch.
- The vehicle is wheelchair accessible, and a hearing loop system for use with hearing aids is available.
- Audio and large print stock.
- Adult and Children’s lending sections
- Large Print stock
- Request and Inter Library Loan service.
- Application Forms for Motor Tax, Passport, Driving Licence etc.
- Community Noticeboard / Information
- Talking Books for Adults and Children on MP3, CD and Tape
- Language learning materials .